Saturday, February 2, 2013

Sweet Memories

To those close to me, it is no secret that my Grammy was my most favorite person in the whole world.  There is not a day that goes by, that she is not in my thoughts. 

In case you are wondering, YES...my sweet baby girl is named after her.  Gloria Rose.  My gramm's name was Gloria Ann but her favorite flowers were Roses.  I put the two together, it is very fitting for my sweet girl.

Anyway, when my sister and I were very little my Grammy started collecting these month dolls for us.  We only got one at a time for either our birthday or Christmas.  The waiting made the collection that much more special.  

I remember the anticipation each time we were about to get a new doll and the excitement we felt when the collection was finally complete.  

I decided that my daughter was old enough for me to pass this collection on to her so I got them out of hiding today.  She is over the moon excited!  

There is a special doll to represent each month of the year.  I am missing a stand or two, a few tags and a few bonnets but other then that, they are great!  My daughter is already placing her order for me to make new hats for them, LOL

 Here are a few pictures I snapped when I first got them out of the attic.  Gloria and my nieces are busy playing with them right now so I will have to go snap a few more pictures in a little while :-)

So, So HAPPY :-)



Ella is helping to hold one of the dolls missing a stand. 
 

Her current favorite is the month of August :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment