Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Making beautiful music

I meant to blog about this before, I am a little behind so expect a few of my posts to be random and out of order! 

Logan started playing the violin earlier this year.  There have been a few days that he just didn't feel like playing or was starting to get frustrated with it but then he turns it right back around and starts showing interest again.

They played their first concert on January 16th.  The week leading up to his concert, he was so excited.  It is all he could talk about and he practiced his little heart out.  I really enjoyed seeing this little transformation.

Dress rehearsal went well and then it was finally concert night.  We were all dressed up and he was the cutest little violinist EVER! 

Check him out!  So cute, right!? 


It is not secret that I love taking pictures of my kids but this time it was his idea.  He asked me to take some pictures of him all dressed up and with his violin.  Of course I had planned on it anyway.


 I completely let him take the lead with the poses and be as silly as he wanted to be.  







Just before we left, I had to be sure to snap a few pictures of Logan with the rest of the family.  We are all so proud of him!

Daddy and Logan

Mommy and Logan
Logan with Gloria and Landon.  They were both so proud of him and excited for his big night!

There is always time to be silly!

My 3 crazy's!  Oh how I love them!

 Well, we got there all nice and early so we could get great front row seats.  I was equipped with two cameras and a video camera...Proud momma right here! 

Everything was going great UNTIL......The bridge on his violin completely snapped in half and popped off.  Well, come to find out this not something that could be fixed right then.  It was less then 10 minutes before he was to take stage and it was looking like he was going to have no violin to play.  So sad but he handled it so gracefully!  His music teacher was able to find a violin from one of the older students that just happened to be the right size.  YAY...the show went on! 

Here he is after just taking stage. 




Working hard

They played 5 songs and he did great for everyone.  After every song, he looked right at us with a HUGE smile and a thumbs up.  I tell ya, he has the BEST personality! 


It was a great night!  The whole family was there to support him, even my mom and dad were able to make it.  He was so happy!

Looking forward to his next concert!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment