Thursday, February 14, 2013

Fun with beads and wire

I do not normally make jewelery or do a whole lot with beads (unless I am sewing them onto something crocheted) but I saw a tutorial for making bracelets using memory wire and it seems simple enough for me to try. 

I was originally going to make this and give it to my daughter for Valentines day but then I decided she would have more fun making it with me, so that is what we did.

I let her sit with me last night and string on the beads.  She was very proud of "our" creation.

Sorry, I don't have a lot of pictures of the process step by step but here is what we did:

-  I purchased a small set of beads and memory wire from the craft store
-  Then I used a small pair of pliers and curled one end closed.
-  I estimated how many "curls" I wanted it to have and then cut off the excess.  You can keep it all on if you prefer and cut when you are done.  You might waste a little less wire that way.
-  Then we just had fun stringing on beads (and her name).
-  When we were done, I curled the other end closed (BEFORE cutting off the long unused end) and then cut it off as close as I could.
-  I secured it a little more with my pliers.
-  Last, I used a jump ring and added her horse charm to one end.

Ta Da....a beautiful new, personalized bracelet. 




No comments:

Post a Comment