Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pumpkin FUN

We LOVE doing crafts around here and since we are getting in the "holiday" spirit, today we decided to do some pumpkin themed crafts.  Sometimes simple is best, we didn't do anything too crazy!

First I grabbed some Magnet Paper and printed out this pumpkin

Then I found an awesome website with lots of pumpkin faces and we printed out a few of those on magnet paper as well.  I did most of the cutting out when it was just me and the little ones but once my daughter got home from school, she took over and cut out many more faces.  As an alternative to printing, you could use a black sharpie and draw your own faces and cut them out.

Click HERE for some awesome templates to use.

Now we have a super fun pumpkin play area on our fridge.  The kids can mix and match the face over and over again.  Endless fun...for my kiddo's anyway :-)




My daughter wanted to make her own paper pumpkin as well so I gave her some construction paper, glue and paint and she went to work.  I just LOVE her creativity!



For this craft, I took the orange construction paper and printed the pumpkin outline right onto it.  Then I printed the face using the templates I posted above.  My daughter did all the cutting and used paint to decorate the stem and leaf.

Here is the template I used for the pumpkin.

We have had lots of fun with these simple crafts...stay tuned for more holiday FUN!

1 comment:

  1. Love this idea!! Going to have to do this with my son tomorrow. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete