Friday, July 19, 2013

Dragonfly art

I must admit that we have been slacking on the crafts so far this summer.  We have just had so many other things going on, lots of swimming and a few "lazy" days thrown in.  

So, I had two choices today, 1:  Clean my house or 2:  Paint with Gloria

I definitely chose to paint with my baby girl.  She already had a little wooden dragonfly she has been wanting to paint so she started with that.  



While she was painting, I was looking for something else fun to do and I stumbled across THIS blog post from Repeat Crafter Me.  Her example is an owl but we changed it up to suit what we wanted to create. 

We started by printing out this template, cutting it out and then tracing it onto our 8x10 canvas


Next we started to fill in the spaces with paint, just to give it a nice base/background color.


The hard part was picking out all the buttons and working on placement.  We started to be real particular about it but in the end we just started gluing and buttons ended up wherever they ended up. 

So proud of our creation

No comments:

Post a Comment