Monday, April 22, 2013

Happy Earth Day

Even though we celebrate and appreciate the Earth every day, it is nice to pay a little extra attention today.  I spent time subbing at the kids school today or we would have more fun recycling projects to show you.  We will try to fit in a few more this week. 

This particular project was completely spur of the moment...like 10 minutes ago.  I got home and was browsing on facebook and someone had shared a link to THIS blog.  What a cute project...right?  

I quickly searched for a container we could use out of our recycling bin.  I found this small little sour cream container.  It is smaller then I was hoping for but for a quick project, it was just perfect.then I

So, here is our container. You can see that I had already started taking the print off.  I just used a Mr. Clean magic eraser and it came off fairly easily.  Just a little elbow grease needed ;-)  

Next, I used an exacto knife to cut the top rim off.  I just waned a neater edge to work with.   Next I used a hole punch and went around the edge.  I got a little too close to the top a few times but I made it work. 



 I let my little lady pick out the color yarn for the top and then I crocheted around, decreased a little towards the top, added handles and a drawstring.

Working hard on her design.

 She made a beautiful spring scene.  I love her self portrait, her flowers and her butterfly.

 SO happy with her new little purse/container.  I am sure she will store many of her treasures in here. 



No comments:

Post a Comment