Saturday, August 3, 2013

More Oogly's

My good friend Alessandra from Just be happy helped to test the pattern for me.  I just love the ones she came up with.  She didn't have the safety eyes so she crocheted the eyes for one and used the glue on googly eyes for the other.  So many fun ways to make these guys! 


Then, I got the idea to "add stuff" to them, to make them more then just a cute little pair of eyes.  I was so excited, I HAD to do it like right that second!  LOL

So, I would like to introduce: 

 Oogly Owl

How to make Oogly Owl:

- add one small strand of yarn to the top of each eye, spread apart with tip of needle
- embroider beak
- Make two small circles and sew to the sides.  (magic ring, ch 1, 6 sc, join, FO)


Oogly Butterfly

How to make Oogly Butterfly:

- Make two chains at the center of the eyes for the antennae.  You can slip stitch and chain or braid...up to you.
- cut out the shapes for your wings out of felt (or anything you want).  I cut out two and joined them together by wrapping yarn around them.
- sew to the back

Want to make your very own Oogly friends?  See my free pattern HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment